Saturday, July 18, 2015

Hibiscus II - A Restoration





As promised, a couple of *restored projects are featured in this and in an upcoming post (*items I used to have but were consumed in the Black Forest Fire 6/11/13).

It is no coincidence that Hibiscus III is pictured in our new forest on the Pacific coast.

Restoration is, after all, what this post is all about.







Did I say Hibiscus III?  Wasn't this supposed to be about Hibiscus II?  Well, I was so excited to find the pattern of my original Hibiscus quilt we lost that I made two.  This one is a duplicate of the restored one hanging in our home.  I prefer the one hanging.  I was too lazy to get it down, so Hibiscus III gets all the fame.  Come on over sometime to see Hibiscus II!
Here's a closeup of McTavishing background fill around the needle-turn appliquéd hibiscus. You can also see ferns quilted in the light blue triangles.  As I've said, even though I have a Statler computer-guided machine now, I drop the belts for hand-guided custom work simply because I love doing it.
 I caught the sun behind this quilt in the next two shots.  Very illuminating...
A bit more hand-guided detail in the borders.  I used King Tut variegated threads.
 Usually, I match or near-match threads to the fabric, like the center of this quilt.  But I wanted them to pop out in the border.





From the Pacific coast to you:
see you next time with another restored project!



No comments:

Post a Comment