Saturday, July 18, 2015

Hibiscus I, II & III comparison shots! Vote on your favorite by leaving a comment!




Amazing how news travels.
One of you already asked to see 
comparison shots of the Hibiscus quilts, 
so here you go!  Enjoy!!

Hibiscus I, from Kauai:

Hibiscus II with local batiks:
Hibiscus III (featured in an earlier post today) with Maui fabrics:
Which one do you like?!  They're all pretty much the same, but with slight differences.  Can you find them?  Hibiscus I doesn't have as much contrast going on in the border fabric, something I like but couldn't find on Maui or home when I wanted to make the quilts.  It's a very simple pattern made of half-square triangles, but it has impact especially if the fabrics chosen have a translucent effect, such as can be found with Hibiscus I and II, not so much with Hibiscus III.  These fabrics translate a solid, brick wall effect instead of a 'balloon-behind-a-balloon' type of feel found in I & II.  It's a great lesson in contrasting fabrics, not so much the piecing.

Aloha, and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment