Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Hawaiian needle-turned pillow - another restoration

 Welcome back!
It took me three months (though there certainly wasn't a rush) to get this beauty done.
Needle-turn is supposed to be entirely enjoyable and not rushed.  Earlier this spring my husband and I went to Maui for our 40th wedding anniversary.
While there I picked up another Hawaiian pillow kit, a refresher course on traditional Hawaiian needle-turning, and BOOM! I was relaxing to the sound of surf months after we returned home via quilting this project.

There is quilting in the ditch of the appliquéd design, around it, in it, and echoing it several times.  Lovely pastime!  My only complaint was in their not using colorfast red material for the floral design.  When I tried to spritz the water-removeable pen marks used for stitching lines, it bled.

No bueno.

I plan on buying a Shiva ink pen to permanently cover this faux pas.  I sincerely hope this works.  But I'm still thrilled with how it came out and plan on doing another two - but with fabric I have purchased and KNOW is colorfast.

Until we meet again, aloha from the Pacific to you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment