Monday, April 28, 2014

Vintage Series VIII: "The Utilitarian Diamond"



We are visiting the Carriage House 
once again in our
Vintage Series!
This week we have the pleasure
of talking about what I call
"The Utilitarian Diamond"...









 ...because of the way the vintage cottons in this quilt have been utilized.  Though diamonds are more difficult to quilt I believe the fabric has been used to create a utility quilt; one that can be used for any purpose.













I love these fabrics!  It makes you want to snuggle underneath and read a book in this window seat - with its lovely view of the Carriage House.

If anyone can find a more complete history of this elongated diamond pattern, I would really like to hear it, as well as publish it on my blog at a future date.








When I found this quilt top antiquing, I knew it was going to be freehand quilted in feathers.  Me; the incurable romantic.

Thank you once again for coming with me for a quick glimpse of another good old quilt.
Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment