Friday, April 12, 2013

Go Be Dazzled!



I can't think of a better moniker for this quilt than this dazzling one I quilted up for a customer recently.  The photography just doesn't catch it.  (Sorry, I'm a quilter, not a photographer - I'll improve)!  The picture, above, was taken outdoors at 8:00 a.m., creating a washed-out effect.  But the two pics below were taken indoors with good light, allowing the warmth of the true colors to come through.


And what colors!!!!  They definitely are dazzling.  It's incredible how much black fabric there is nowadays, probably because of how it can contrast with any other color.


The appliqué work, embroidered using her Bernina, begged feathers because some of the appliqué are feathers (notice the black border on all shots, plus the close up, below).


  
 A fun part for me is taking the finished quilt off the machine to look at the back. I love how the solid color of this backing allows a black-and-white-negative effect.



I hope your true colors come through on your next quilt!  It doesn't have to be a Go Be Dazzled! pattern.  But aim to choose colors that maybe aren't the ones pictured in the pattern - ones that you like.  And it doesn't have to be custom-quilted, like this one was.  Make sure you look at my 'Pantographs' tab on my blog to find just the right one to dazzle at ppatchworks.blogspot.com/pantographs...at least I hope this link gets you there.  If not, certainly enter my blog address, then click on the tab...
...which reminds me, customers have taken advantage of my Second Quarter Special already. It's a doozie!!!  Don't miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment